Tuesday, May 7, 2013

It is my day to share in "It's for the Birds Blog Hop

Thanks to Mary for being our head cheerleader and of course to Madame Samm for helping us stretch our creativity!!!  And also to our wonderful sponsors that make it just a little bit more fun.  I love making anything with birds on it....They are to me what stars or hearts are to other people.  So here are a few of my birds and what I decided to do with them...I hope you enjoy:
Mr. Yellow is stuffed and the wings are hand  stitched


Mr. Rooster has   cotton with added felt very colorful with beads for the eyes

Ms Pinky is stuffed felt with added beads and cotton made buttons for her wings

Ms Pretty Yelllow has lots.  She is dressed with felt, cotton, beads, buttons and her wings are decoupaged cotton then folded and sewn in place...such a cutie..

Mr Orange is done in all cotton with beads and tulle for his wings.

Mr Lite Yellow i could not get a good pic of no matter what I did but he is stuffed and embellished with beads and ribbons..

And in the end I connected them with wire, beads and crystals and made into a window chime so when the sun sits on the crystals they just shine as they should

Here is one of my most prized pincushions made from wool....she has added beads, lace ,silk ribbon embroidery and crazy quilt stitching.  She was worth all the time it took to make her.

I also decided that my little wooden  seat needed to have a black silhouette painted on it and this was done with outdoor  patio paint, a stencil then sealed.  With all the rain we have been getting in TN lately I think this took the longest to do....lol
I hope you enjoyed my little bird show and here  are the others that are joining me so please visit and leave a comment to let them know they are appreciated..
Tuesday, May 7~

http://catsnqlts2.blogspot.com

And if you happen to get this far I have a little give away:  oh how about a half of yard of some tweet fabric to make your own birds with a new bird stencil.   The pic is with the stencil I used because the one I bought for the give away is in my car which my DH took to work this morning but I assure you it is a new one.  Enjoy your day!



Post a Comment