Monday, October 22, 2012

A novel idea

Morning all....As you all know I have had a rough time getting back into the swing of stitching but I have done a little something that I wanted to share here.  Our guild  issues a yearly  challenge and for 2012 it  was  called a novel idea.  What Linda did was have you pick a book and then she told you the page to go to and then a sentence.  Then you would have to portray  that sentence in a art quilt no smaller than 18" square.  Well my book was Gone with the Wind and it was page 150 and I forget the sentence number but this was the sentence..."Then you'll be more comfortable."  and here is how I chose to portray it.   I thought well what better to make you feel better than a glass of wine at the end of the day so that is what I did.  I made a table scape with just some trim and then the rest is pretty much there....I tired to do some thread painting but I don't think my machine liked it cause it was giving me a headache..lol  I also used Angelina and although you cannot see it there is red wool under the sheen fabric to distinguish red wine and then quilted.   And of course now that I have a little more hair I will post a pic of me with it...thanks for taking a peek.   Enjoy your day!



4 comments:

Gene Black said...

What a great interpretation of the sentence! You are looking good too. I love your hair like that.

Linda Smith said...

I love your quilt. What a great interpretation of your sentence. Thanks for playing.

Love Of Quilts said...

You did good! I like the song you picked.

Love Of Quilts said...

Happy Halloween!