Monday, December 28, 2009

A very precious gift


I have a good Friend in Colorado, Leslie, and she sent me a beautiful gift for Christmas. I have been waiting for a pretty sunny day to take a pic but this will be the 4Th day with very little sun so I am going to post it anyway....Leslie has been a friend of mine since I started crazy quilting and she belongs to the very first group that I joined when I decided that I would love to learn this beautiful art which is crazyquiling international or CQI. She has been there to help me whenever I needed it and has always given me a warm smile and/or a boot in the pants if I needed it. She has helped me get the very nasty self critic, that I have trouble with, off my shoulders and is very encouraging. Her talent for crazy quilting is UN-matchable, I think her art signature is "trees" she does some pretty awesome ones and I am proud to call her my friend. I trust her opinion immensely. Thank you Leslie for this beautiful gift and I will treasure it always..I look forward to a day when we can meet in person.

6 comments:

Linda Smith said...

Absolutely beautiful!

piney cq said...

I'm blushing! Thank you so much! You're such a sweetie and deserve a touch of Colorado! You can send it back and i'll work more on it if you like! VBG!

piney cq said...

Ohhhh....you're making me blush and have soooo touched my heart! Thank you sooo much for your compliment. You deserve a touch of Colorado! :_) If you like, send it back and i'll work on it some more! VBG! Or hold it hostage til you get here! LOL!!

Unknown said...

Hey girl I think I will hold it hostage.....hope to see you in 2010...Hugs

Anonymous said...

Wow Leslie's gift is stunning. She is a amazing Fiber artist. And you are right she has the most amazing and stunning trees I have seen. it is so great to be in a group with her! Thank you for taking the time to share your very special gift. And I continue to love to read your blog!!! Keep it coming:)

Unknown said...

Thanks Ann and Linda for your wonderful comments. I visit both your blogs often which are filled with inspiration.

Sharon