Thursday, August 20, 2009

Layering my Stitches



It is so hard for me to find the time to stitch anymore. My job is pretty stressful lately well the last 4 months or so and I never seem to have much "me" time between all that goes on at work and at home. I am constantly bringing it home with me and I need to stop it right now. Don't get me wrong I am so thankful I have a job in this day and age but it has been a bit overwhelming. But enough about that.
I have a mentor that has been helping me learn to layer my stitches. She is a wonderful friend named Leslie and I promised myself I am going to just somehow make the time and tonight I did just that here is the Herringbone and the Cretan stitch which the later I am not fond of. I really like the way it looks just not the way I make it look. Do you know what I mean? Hopefully this Saturday I will visit with a stitching buddy here in Chattanooga, Linda, but I will have to see if I have to work on Saturday first. So here is a pic I wanted to share. All helpful criticism is welcomed but please be gentle...lol Enjoy your Day!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well i personally have no criticism. I love it. I think you picked two great corresponding colors ( I love yellow and blue) and your stitches are great. I think you did a wonderful job. I think I need to think of layering too. I feel stuck sometimes especially when I see seams with more then one stitch. Thanks for sharing your progress.

Sorry about your job. Yes we all have to be grateful for what we have during these times, but these more difficult times make those bad work thing worse too. its understandable to need to vent!! Keep stitching even if its a seam at a time. It will be a good relaxer and atleast one good thing each day! Hope things get better!

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Layering stitches are fun and you did a great job! I will check on another copy of the book and let you know asap.
Smiles,Pat