Saturday, January 14, 2012

FMQ thru SewCalGal

I just watched a video from SewCalGal's FMQ.  Frances is our teacher for January and our first one was working with leaves this is my first try at it.  I found this really fun and wanted to post a pic of it.  For those that do not know.  SewCalGal has teamed up with other quilt artist to teach FMQ in 2012 on our home sewing machines.  Look for her button on my sidebar and join in.  Here is a pic of my first experience with FMQ, have a wonderful day!  As you can see for some reason I could not remember the little squiggly line inside the leaf but I did get the hang of it..i will keep trying...thanks Frances

7 comments:

Linda said...

Very good for your first try. It is a fun design.

Love Of Quilts said...

You did very good!

Miri said...

I found it easier to do the little line inside the leaf first as an extension of the stem. I just then went back up the end of the stem where I wanted to stop and started the leaf.

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Looks great for a first try.

Linda said...

Great first try! Your leaves look wonderful. It is so much fun.

JJ said...

Looking good. I need to hop over there and give it a try.

Tammy said...

Your leaves look pretty good to me. Your stitches are even and you covered your space well. As with all things the more you practic the easier and better it gets. Have fun.